Wednesday, February 10, 2010


-We got to Perth and it was humid there as well...but not as bad as the other airport. The process there to leave was crazy. First they had to check my passport and visa (on my visa it was my middle initial not Nicole, so they had to change that.) then get my luggage (mine was the last bag...had be worried for a sec! But actually impressed it made it all the way there!) Then had to go through Quarintine! (They r an island so they don't have a lot of disease like other countries so they have to make sure ur not bringing anything in that could be carrying a disease!) I almost got fined cause I had some snacks...but I told the woman about it and it was my first time there so they let me off the hook (thank goodness I got a nice person on a good day! Couldve turned out worse for me!)
-I was finally able to leave and I went out to the lobby and Mathys was there waiting for me. As soon as I stepped out into the AU air...it was warm and tasted sweet! It reminded me a bit of when I went to Texas w/ Melissa when I was 17. It was about a 45 min drive south to their house from the airport..and we had nice conversation on the way there to start to get to know each other.


Liesel was there at the house to greet me when I got there, she is really sweet! They showed me around a bit b4 they let me take a shower (thank god! I stank!! :D) and get some rest. I woke up about 11am here, and started unpacking everything, and Liesel brought me breakfast in bed! Then they left to go to the store and I finished unpacking...etc. After they got back we hung out for a while outside w/ Rosemari while she played in a water toy....she is soo cute!! BIG deep blue eyes, huge smile and very happy and active! -then they had some friends that live here that are South African as well stop by, and they were really nice! It was fun just listening to them all talk and learning some slang (but couldn't get used to the accent cause it's a mix of S. African and Australian!) I learned some about the school system here, (they are so spoiled...class 2 days a week, and hands on classes the other 3...and take classes in surfing and sports!...I'm jealous!) Then they bbq'ed for lunch/dinner. Afterwards we went to the beach. It was a really hot day they said...and if felt that way! The sand was nice and clean, and there were prob only 20 ppl at most there on the beach! 1 person was surfing. When I got to the water it was cold (duh it's the ocean!) but it warmed up really fast. After that initial coldness I didn't notice it anymore! The water was also really nice and clean...no seaweed or gunk or yellow foam coming in! I was still nervous to go far out...it will take me some getting used to, to actually be able to go out into the water and not worry about nasty things out there...or it being so freezing! They said in that area you don't have to worry about jellyfish or stingrays or anything..but I was still nervous! :)
We only stayed in the water for about 15 min or so...it was just to cool off and Rosemari was really tired. So we can back and all got cleaned up and they got pizza! It really thin crust and had ham and bits of ham and pepperoni on it. It tasted pretty good but I wasn't really hungry. Then I showed them pictures of my family on there, some of the scenery pics of the area, and best of all....Barkley! :) I miss him so much!


There are some pretty weird looking trees here tho! There is one that looks like a plastic upside down tree!


Well that was about as far as I had written...it had only been 1 day! :) But in the next couple days I will put more pictures up and more info on everything that's been going on the last month! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment